Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Pete Fowler Bubblegum Psychedelic Show


Mega tired but happy! I interviewed toy designer/illustrator Pete Fowler this morning for UKAdapta and found him to be an incredibly sincere and wise man. I really enjoyed talking to him and left his studio with a big smile, a head swimming with ideas and a TWRG, signed by the man himself! We will be at his show "Bubblegum Psychedelic" filming it tomorrow too.

Here is what Pete has to say about the upcoming show:

“This is the first collection of paintings I’ve exhibited for some years. A culmination of ideas evolved and developed over time drawing influences from old and new psychedelic music, mutations, record shopping and my own alternate reality project Monsterism Island. The show includes paintings, large and small using a candy coloured palette quite unlike work I have previously produced with paint. This palette is much used in my digital illustration work.

Also on display will be previously unseen works on paper, in pencil and ink inspired by work from my sketch book and doodles. This section of the show will try to achieve the feeling of a walk through a compilation of my sketch books.

I’d like to think these pieces look good enough to eat or at least lick, but I wouldn’t recommend it.’’

Exhibition opens on 08th of February, See you there!

STOLENSPACE GALLERY | Dray Walk, The Old Truman Brewery
91 Brick Lane | London E1 6QL

Expect some great photos in the next couple days!

Info [VIA]